Katie kept talking about this Elf on the Shelf that she was going to get for Gage. After hearing the idea I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted to start this tradition. That is one thing we do not need is another tradition in our house but I couldn't resist starting this one.
So, last night we had a knock at our door and we found a gift that the elfs dropped off. Braid and Bryce opened it (I couldn't get the picture with Braid in it to load....stupid computer!) and Bryce went nuts. He was so excited. We read the story and left the box with the elf (a creepy looking elf if you ask me) on the bar and went to sleep. Basically, the story is that the elf is magic and watches you all day and then leaves the house and reports back to Santa each night and tells him what he saw. Then, he returns in a different place the next morning and we get to try and find where he has moved to. You can't touch the elf or it will take away his magic. The next morning Bryce came running upstairs and ran over to the box to find it empty. The look on his face was priceless! He ran around looking for Toby (that is what he chose to name him) and found him sitting up in the light in the kitchen. I love this tradition and love that every morning Bryce runs around trying to find Toby.
0 comments:
Post a Comment