CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have wanted to take Braiden to do a service project for a very long time in hopes of helping him be a little more grateful for all the things he has (he is grateful but is 13 and I think sometimes like all of us, takes things for granted) So, my MOPS group had set up a dinner to take down to the Road Home homeless shelter for families and men and I jumped on the opportunity to volunteer myself and Braiden to go down and help serve dinner to the families....So, after doing so my list of favorites this week is pretty simple:
1. My house. Having somewhere to go at night and be safe and warm. A place where my kids can have a room to call there own and toys to play with.
2. My bed. Going to bed at night in a quiet room knowing that my kids are tucked in their own beds and bedrooms safe and sound.
3. Food. Having the means to go and get groceries (even on a budget) when we need them and being able to cook and eat a warm meal.
4. Tims job.
Going and volunteering at the homeless shelter sure made me realize how very lucky I am to have what I have and how lucky we are that Tim is still working and able to take care of our family.

2 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Vicki, I am glad you had such an inspiring experience. How great that you included your son. What did he have to say? What did he think? I love the Thankful Thursday... I may need to copy that... it never hurts to remind yourself all that you have to be thankful for. Great post!

Bonnie said...

Gratitude is a good thing. It's real easy to take our circumstance for granted isn't it. I think it's great you gave Braid that experience. Love you