I consider myself to be a pretty healthy person...okay, not healthy like run a marathon healthy but healthy as in not spending time in the hospital healthy.
Boy has that changed....I have spent so much time in the hospital in the last year and I am getting pretty sick of hospitals.
Boy has that changed....I have spent so much time in the hospital in the last year and I am getting pretty sick of hospitals.
So, for the short versions. My sister Jodi has been sick for pretty much her whole life and after lots and lots of testing they determined she has a hole in her heart. The hole in the heart is pretty common and not as scary as it sounds. They say 1/3 of the population has it (Bret Micheals just went in yesterday to get his fixed...pretty common I tell ya)So, my other sister Lisa went in for an EKG and it came back irregular. So, my Mom and Tim insisted that I go and get checked and sure enough my EKG was irregular. I went to IMC Hospital on Monday and they did an ECHO test and a bunch of other testing and determined I also have the hole. Not too worried about it but was told to come back today for lots of other tests to see if the hole is affecting other organs.....Ugh, like I said "SO SICK OF HOSPITALS!"
First test was an MRI of my brain and wasn't too bad. I would have fallen asleep if the freaking machine didn't sound like a helicopter right in my ear and if the nurse didn't keep coming on the speaker telling me what was going to happen next.
Then I went over to a different building and got a CT Scan. The scan itself wasn't too bad but getting prepared for the test was yucky. They gave me meds to slow my heart down (they needed my heart rate under 60) and then gave me a valume to help it get even slower. I was so tired a fell asleep and within seconds of falling asleep they came in and woke me up. Very rude!The CT Scan was very quick and I am hoping for good results. I get the test results back sometime next week. Oh and did I mention that I have ANOTHER test at the heart and lung doctor next week. Maybe I will just rent a room at the hospital, it would be alot easier!
I will post my results when I get em'
2 comments:
Holy crap!!I am so sorry-I understand that HATE for hospitals!! I hope everything goes well for you! By the way, love the changes to your blog.. why can't mine look that professional?
Oh wow that is crazy and scary but everything will be okay... I hate hospitals too all they want is money... Love ya girl let me know if there is anything that I can do for ya
Post a Comment