*** Warning...this is picture overload ***So, I am a little late posting these pictures but wanted to get them posted. This was such an amazing trip and I don't want it forgotten (who am I kidding, it will never be forgotten. Not with the 300 page scrapbook I will be doing :)

I love this picture. His foot touched the sand and got all sandy and he just giggled and giggled.
Bryce would stay in the sand all day if we had let him. 


We decided it would be fun to go on the zip line tour. Everyone wanted to go except for Grandma so we talked her into staying with the little ones. This was so much fun and I was super proud of Tim who (I think) had fun even being super afraid of heights!
This was "Secret Beach". It is no wonder it is a freakin secret, the hike down was hell. Notice how Tim has both kids...that wasn't for the picture, that was so I could make it down. I am glad we made the hike down because the beach was beautiful. We didn't stay long because there was zero shade for baby Kayse and the waves were too scary for the little ones to swim. So, hiking back up we will go and I almost died. I realized I am OUTTA SHAPE!
He is turning into such a cute kid. I mean he has always been adorable but now he is getting to be "fight the girls off" kind of cute. Such a good kid!
Grandma Butterfield sent us with some chicken food to feed the chickens but we ended up getting it out and feeding the birds on our patio. Then, we wondered why the patio was covered in bird poop. The boys woke up every morning and sat outside to feed the pigeons (or whatever else flew over to say hi)

Kayson thought it was so much fun riding on Daddy's shoulders....so, Daddy started bouncing around and playing with him and yep, you guessed it. Barf all down the front of Tim. Had this happened to anyone else it would have been funny but having it happen to Tim was HILARIOUS. Tim is petrified of barf...even baby barf.
Glass Beach (yes, it is really a whole beach of little pieces of glass)
Love my cute surfer boys!
Highlight #1 of my trip. Going on a helicopter ride over Kauai. It was so beautiful and all of our firsts in a helicopter (Well, not Grandma and Grandpas) The first helicopter had Braiden and I in the front (with the pilot) and in the back it was Grandma, Grandpa, Tim and Bryce. Yep, Braid and I had the best seats. We could see out the front window and the sides. It was amazing. I am thinking my kids are pretty spoiled. Ok, I know they are!
Highlight #2 of the trip. Swimming with this turtle. You see this stuff on tv or see other people doing it but I never thought I would do it. Everyone was taking turns snorkeling and while I was getting ready to get in everyone started pointing to some coral right next to me (about ankle deep) and right on top of it was this giant turtle eating off the coral. I instantly put my under water camera under water and got some great shots. Ha Ha, I didn't even have to put my head under water to "snorkel" with the turtles. I sat there for 1/2 hour watching this guy. It was amazing. At one point he brushed up against my leg. I enjoy it so much more when I can stand up (and run away if needed) while watching sea life.
I am not joking when I say this is how Kayson spent the trip. Either sleeping or laying there watching everyone. He never made a sound the whole trip. There were times when I was worried that I was going to leave him on a beach somewhere because he was being so good I would forget I even had him. I was SO worried about taking an infant to Hawaii for two weeks and all I can say is Baby Kayson is welcome on any trip. He was awesome!
Braiden the snorkeler....This is right next to where I am standing watching my turtle friend. Braiden was more brave than me and got in the water. This is Tunnels Beach where the 13 year old professional surfer Bethany (forgot or never knew last name) was surfing and lost her arm to a shark. Yah, that is comforting info right before arriving to the beach to snorkel.
Finally....Bryce got to meet his Hawaii girl. He would spot girls all over Hawaii and say there is a Hawaii girl. So cute. He got all shy guy when I asked her to take a picture.
I am suprised Braiden didn't get water logged. He spent 90% of the trip in the water boogie boarding. If there were no waves he sat on his boogie board "waiting" for waves. I think he would be an amazing surfer if we lived near the ocean. He's good!
And, the trip ends in tragedy....I came back to the room for some much needed R & R and while sitting in the room heard chaos down by the beach. I assumed a monk seal had beached and rushed down to check it out. There were two surfers pulling an elderly man out of the water and performing CPR on him. Ugh, I will never get that picture out of my head. It was horrible. He had been snorkeling (alone) and had a heart attack and died. Such a horrible way to end a trip in paradise. Needless to say I was ready to get home after that!
0 comments:
Post a Comment