CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Birthday Party (Friends)

Yep, that is snow on April 30th. Who would have thought that I would have a problem having an outdoor party the end of April. Tomorrow is May 1st and we have 3-4 inches of snow. I heard it was supposed to snow but I thought it would just be a little and melt quickly. Yah, didn't happen!
I woke up at 7:00 (bouncy house was going to be delivered at 9:00)and I looked outside and I just started crying...what am I going to do now? There is 3 inches of snow and a bouncy house is being delivered in 2 hours. I decided to cancel the bouncy house and jumped on the computer to find a back-up. Where am I going to hold a bday party for 12 four year old on a saturday with no reservations? Ugh, what a disaster. I decided to move it to Jungle Jims and started calling parents. I called and canceled the slide and went out back to tell Tim. He was shoveling off the grass. Yep, that's right shoveling off the grass. While outside I realized it really wasn't that cold and decided to continue with the party at our house. So, I called back the bouncy house people (he pretty much thought I was NUTS!) and started calling parents back. After doing that I went back outside and it was freezing and dark clouds. I pretty much started crying all over again. Ya know what, who cares...it is what it is and the party must go on. Right? So we prepared for a party and everyone showed up and it went great (considering the weather.)

Tim and Braiden shoveling off snow so the kids can run around without getting wet.

Amie, Katie, Margaret and Charlie. Thank goodness we bought this heater. The adults stood under the heater freezing our butts off while the kiddos played. They didn't even know it was cold.

At one point the sun went behind the clouds and it got freezing so we moved inside for pizza. I figured if they were sitting down and not running around they would realize it was cold.

Kayson finally woke up from his nap and loved being outside and playing on the slide.




Happy Birthday Bryce! I love you to Mars and back. You are the cutest most energetic kid I know. Sadly, everything about you reminds me of myself. You are the best! Sorry I can't control the weather but I am glad you had a great birthday party!
Guest list: Luke, Heidi, Gage, Rayse, Ari, Weston, Quinn, Colton (Pre-school), Dallen (Pre-school), Kailee (MOPS), Brighton and Nick.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah, that party was so cold but the kids definitely did not notice :)