CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful for my boys

Day 6

I am so thankful each and every day for these boys and their health.
I just read the saddest story and it made me realize how much we take for granted the fact that our kids are healthy.
Last year while babysitting in MOPS I babysat with the cutest lady. She had a 2 year old boy and explained that she was prego with a baby girl (maybe like 4 months along) I however was ready to give birth any time so we spent the entire time talking about being pregnant, having babies and our kids. She did not return to MOPS this year and honestly, I had kind of forgotten about her. At our last meeting they told a story about a Mom from last year that had a baby in July and that it was still up at Primary Children's in the NICU with heart issues and that they were collecting dinner to help the family. I didn't recognize the name and didn't think much of it. A couple of day later the MOPS Facebook posted a link about a family from MOPS that had just lost their baby girl that day. I clicked on the link and froze. It was Julie Huebner that I had babysat with before and my heart just broke. I could not imagine having a sick child that I could never take home from the hospital. The baby was born with a hole in her heart and lived for 4 months in the NICU and lost her teeny tiny battle 4 months later, right before the holiday's. My heart goes out to this family and again makes me so grateful for my healthy boys!

1 comments:

Katie said...

How sad. I know I for one always take for granted that Gage is healthy. We all get caught up in our own problems and forget about how bad it could really be.